Faculty Council sets and approves academic policy, principles, priorities, and the general direction for the teaching and research activities of the Faculty. Reporting up through Faculty Council are several committees including the Admissions Committee, Committee on Community Affairs and Gender Issues, Curriculum Committee, Graduate Education Committee, Scholarships and Awards Committee, Teaching Methods and Resources Committee, and Committee on Examinations.
Among its many roles and duties, Faculty Council:
- establishes policies regarding academic matters
- establishes committees for the conduct of council business
- advises the Dean on matters relating to academic matters
- approves and regulates standards of admissions
- delegates authority for administration of its policies to its committees and academic administrative officers
- elects Chairs of Committees
2014–2015 Academic Year
Mark your calendar! Faculty Council meeting dates for the 2014–2015 academic year are as follows:
- Wednesday, October 8, 2014
- Tuesday, November 25, 2014
- Tuesday, February 10, 2015
- Friday, April 17, 2015
All Council meetings take place from 12:10 to 2 p.m. in the Michael E. Charles Council Chamber (GB202).
Faculty Council Meeting Documentation
Faculty Council Documents & Resources
Standing Committee Documents
Questions about Faculty Council or other governance matters? Contact Caroline Ziegler, Faculty Governance and Programs Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.