Faculty Council sets and approves academic policy, principles, priorities, and the general direction for the teaching and research activities of the Faculty. Reporting up through Faculty Council are several committees including the Admissions Committee, Committee on Community Affairs and Gender Issues, Curriculum Committee, Graduate Education Committee, Scholarships and Awards Committee, Teaching Methods and Resources Committee, and Committee on Examinations.
Among its many roles and duties, Faculty Council:
- establishes policies regarding academic matters
- establishes committees for the conduct of council business
- advises the Dean on matters relating to academic matters
- approves and regulates standards of admissions
- delegates authority for administration of its policies to its committees and academic administrative officers
- elects Chairs of Committees
2013-2014 Academic Year
All Council meetings take place from 12:10 PM to 2:00 PM in the Michael E. Charles Council Chamber (GB202).
The calendar of Faculty Council meetings for 2013-2014 is being developed, and will be posted in June 2013.
Faculty Council Meeting Documentation
Faculty Council Documents & Resources
Standing Committee Documents