Professor Brent Sleep’s second term as Chair, Department of Civil and Mineral Engineering, ends on June 30, 2023; he is not eligible for reappointment. In accordance with the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, we will be commencing the process to seek approval of an Advisory Committee to the Dean on the appointment of a Chair, Department of Civil and Mineral Engineering.
The Committee should normally be composed as follows:
- the Dean of the Faculty;
- three to five members of the teaching staff of the department;
- the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
- one or two members of cognate departments;
- one or two students;
- a Vice-Dean of the Faculty, where appropriate;
- a librarian, where appropriate; and
- in addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff and, in the case of professional faculties or schools, a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
Members of the Department of Civil and Mineral Engineering are invited to nominate individuals to serve on the Advisory Committee by February 15, 2023.
Please forward your suggestions to my attention at email@example.com.
Thank you for your input.