User Awareness[wc_row] [wc_column size=”one-half” position=”first”]
- Security reminder when working off-site
- U of T Cyberaware: Protect yourself and the University
- Phish Bowl: verified phishing emails at U of T
- Internet Safety: How to recognize authentic U of T sites
- Research Data Management Resources
Loss of information and accidental disclosure
In case of an incident where personal information in the custody or control of the University, is treated in a manner that is not in accordance with FIPPA, e.g. e-mailing personal information to the wrong person, loss of unencrypted devices containing personal information, missing USB key, etc., you have an obligation to report this immediately to your manager or departmental chair. You should also report this to the Faculty’s Freedom of Information Liaison (FOIL), Don MacMillan, 416-978-5894, firstname.lastname@example.org. Consequences can best be controlled with quick intervention.
Report IT security concerns
- To report IT-related security concerns, please contact the IT help desk for your department; if you are not sure who to contact, please email InfoSec@ecf.utoronto.ca.
- Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering Privacy and Access to Information Guidelines
- University’s Data Protection Information Security Guidelines
- Appropriate Use of Information and Communication Technology
- Encrypting Personal and Confidential Information
- Privacy Event Response Protocol
- U of T Information Security and the Protection of Digital Assets Policy
- U of T Policy on Information Technology
- Personal Information Protection Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA)
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)
- Announcement — Steering Committee on Information Security and the Protection of Digital Assets — #3 — October 13, 2016
- Call for Nominations: Steering Committee on Information Security and the Protection of Digital Assets – #19 – June 22, 2016
- Best practices and recommendations
- Disk and file encryption
- Data sanitization
- Security tool-kit
- Theft prevention
- UTORid guest services
Please visit Additional Resources page (protected by UTORId).
Email your feedback on this page to InfoSec@ecf.utoronto.ca
This page was last updated: March 3, 2019.