Professor Warren Chan ends his first term as Director, Institute of Biomedical Engineering on December 31, 2022. He is eligible for a second term.
Therefore, in accordance with the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, we will be commencing the process to seek approval of an Advisory Committee to the Deans of Engineering, Dentistry and Medicine on the appointment of a Director, Institute of Biomedical Engineering.
The Committee should normally be composed as follows:
- the Dean of the Faculty or School or representative who shall chair the committee;
- three to five members of the teaching staff appointed to the Institute;
- one or two students where appropriate;
- two to four other qualified individuals, at least two of whom shall be from outside theInstitute, and;
- a librarian, where appropriate.Members of the Institute of Biomedical Engineering are invited to nominate individuals to serve on the Advisory Committee by August 19, 2022. Please forward your suggestions to the attention of Dean Christopher Yip at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your input.