To our U of T Engineering community
In the spirit of taking care of ourselves and each other I wanted to share the following guidelines. Again, I know there is a lot of information going around right now — our Faculty’s updates are all collected here: uofteng.ca/covid19
Currently, Toronto Public Health and our Occupational Health & Safety Team indicate that there is an overall low risk level for COVID-19 infection; however, we will all remain vigilant. To that end:
- All employees and students should monitor themselves for COVID-19 symptoms listed in the University’s COVID-19 FAQs
- If experiencing symptoms, please have employees and students follow the directives detailed on the Toronto Public Health website including self-isolating, taking the available Self-Assessment and following the recommendations for seeking additional care from their primary care provider, Telehealth or nearest hospital based of their symptoms
- If an employee or student is contacted by a Public Health authority with regards to COVID-19, please have them contact the University’s Occupational Health Nurse at: email@example.com
- If advised by Public Health that they are to self-isolate, any employee or student must confirm with Public Health that they are clear to resume normal activities prior to returning to work or study.
- If any student is sick or self-isolating, they should advise their supervisor, undergraduate coordinator, or graduate coordinator as applicable of their status.
Staff & faculty
- If any employee is sick or self-isolating, they should contact their Manager, Chair, or Division Head per normal practice and complete the Employee Absence Self-Declaration form, available in the HR Service Centre and linked below:
I know we’re all doing our best to take care of our communities, both on campus and off.
Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
University of Toronto