- U of T Cyberaware: Protect yourself and the University
- Working remotely?
- Special advisory on phishing messages
- Internet Safety: How to recognize authentic U of T sites
- Research Data Management Resources
Loss of information
In case of an incident where personal information in the custody or control of the University, is treated in a manner that is not in accordance with FIPPA, e.g. e-mailing personal information to the wrong person, loss of unencrypted devices containing personal information, missing USB key, etc., you have an obligation to report this immediately to your manager or departmental chair. This should also be reported to the Faculty’s Freedom of Information Liaison (FOIL), Helen Bright, 416-978-5894, email@example.com. Consequences can best be controlled with quick intervention. Privacy Event Response Protocol will be followed, which has been provided by the FIPPA office.
Report IT security concern
- To report IT related security concern please contact IT help desk for your department, if not sure please email to InfoSec@ecf.utoronto.ca.
- Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering Privacy and Access to Information Guidelines
- University's Data Protection Information Security Guidelines
- Appropriate Use of Information and Communication Technology
- Encrypting Personal and Confidential Information
- U of T Information Security and the Protection of Digital Assets Policy
- U of T Policy on Information Technology
For more information on University policies, visit the Governing Council’s Policies webpage and the Provost Office’s Policies and Guidelines webpage.
- Personal Information Protection Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA)
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)
- Announcement — Steering Committee on Information Security and the Protection of Digital Assets — #3 — October 13, 2016
- Call for Nominations: Steering Committee on Information Security and the Protection of Digital Assets – #19 – June 22, 2016
Additional Resources (protected by UTORId):
- Best practices and recommendations
- Disk and file encryption
- Data sanitization
- Security tool-kit
- Theft prevention
- UTORid guest services
Please visit https://hub.engineering.utoronto.ca/it/information-security/
This page was last updated: June 8, 2017.