To our U of T Engineering community
You will have received the message from the University this afternoon about the planned protests at Queen’s Park this weekend — I want to provide our Engineering community with an update as well.
Our priority, as always, is to ensure the safety of our students, staff and faculty. In anticipation of possible disruptions, the University is restricting access to some buildings starting from 12 noon today, Friday, February 4, 2022.
- Students, staff and faculty with key, fob or card access can still gain entry, and the campus remains open.
- The Gerstein and Robarts libraries are closing at 5:00pm Friday; on-campus parking lots are now closed.
- Those visiting campus are advised to remain vigilant on and around the St. George campus today and over the weekend.
The University will be using two tools to keep the community updated — please sign up for these:
- University of Toronto Alert System — UTAlert allows the University to quickly send important messages via email and text
- U of T Campus Safety app — The app features emergency contacts, crisis alerts, location services features, in-app tip reporting and more.
This situation is temporary and shifting rapidly — we will share the latest information as we get it. At this point, we anticipate a safe return to in-person classes on Monday, February 7, 2022. In the event that this situation continues through the weekend, we will provide you with an update as soon as we can.
Please ensure you monitor your emails, social media accounts and the University channels I shared above. Staff and faculty can reach out to chairs, managers or supervisors should they have any questions or concerns.
We will all get over this latest hurdle together. Wishing everyone a safe and warm weekend.
Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
University of Toronto