Proposed Revisions to the Faculty’s Constitution and Bylaws
In July 2018, a working group was struck to amend the Faculty’s Constitution and Bylaws to reflect teaching-stream faculty appointment categories and to establish delegated authority with respect to for-credit certificates. At the same time, the working group undertook to modernize and, where advisable, align the language in these documents with best practices recommended by Governing Council.
Members of the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering and its Council are invited to provide feedback on proposed revisions to the Faculty’s Constitution and Bylaws as described in the following “change history” documents. Please submit comments to email@example.com by the end of Friday, January 25, 2019.
Feedback may also be provided to members of the Working Group to Review the FASE Constitution and Bylaws at a town hall meeting on January 30, 2019 from 9:00-11:00 am in BA2001 (enter at 44 St. George Street). If interested, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposed revisions to the Constitution and Bylaws will be brought forward for approval at the April 11, 2019 Faculty Council meeting.
- Minutes of the Faculty Council Meeting of April 11, 2018
- Memorial Tribute to WILLIAM DOUGLAS BAINES
- Memorial Tribute to ELI ROBINSKY
- Memorial Tribute to JOSEPH SCHWAIGHOFER
- Updated Appointments to Standing Committees of Council and the Academic Appeals Board, 2018-2019 (Report 3601)
- Proposed Undergraduate Artificial Intelligence Minor (Report 3598 Revised)
- Proposed Undergraduate Artificial Intelligence Certificate (Report 3599 Revised)
- Engineering Graduate Education Committee (3597 Revised)
- Discussion Item – Update from Task Force on Mental Health
- Discussion Item – Update from Engineering Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Action Group
- Minutes of the Faculty Council Meeting of October 31, 2018
- Memorial Tribute to B RAMASWAMI
- Major Curriculum Changes for the 2019–2020 Academic Year (Report 3605 Revised)
- EGEC Information Update (Report 3606 Revised)
- Admissions Cycle 2018 (Report 3608)
- Teaching Methods and Resources Committee Goals for 2018–2019 (Report 3609)
- Admissions Committee Goals for the 2018–2019 Academic Year (Report 3610)
- Annual Report of the Academic Appeals Board to Faculty Council for the Period of September 2017 to September 2018 (Report 3611)
- Discussion Item – Update from the Working Group to Review the Faculty’s Constitution and Bylaws
- Discussion Item – Course Evaluations (Interpretation Guidelines for Academic Administrators and Validation Study of the Institutional Composite Mean (ICM))
- Memorial Tribute to KEITH G. BALMAIN
- Proposed Session Dates for the 2019–2020 Academic Year
- Major Curriculum Changes for the 2019–2020 Academic Year (Report 3615 Revised)
- Inclusion of the Undergraduate Certificate in Global Engineering in the U of T Global Scholar Program (Report 3617)
- EGEC Information Update (Report 3616 Revised)